Your Wick Is Stuck - What Do You Do?
When it comes to using e-juices from DJC, a vaper may choose to use a combination of PG and VG with natural or artificial to create exotic and unique flavors. Unlike smoking, vaping does not bring a bad breath as the vapor is odorless. But you already knew all of this.
However, a common problem faced by vapers is the wick getting stuck in the coil. It might happen for several different reasons:
- The wick can get trapped in the loop because of adding the e-liquid to the atomizer when the wick is already saturated. The result is that the atomizer floods, and the wick gets stuck on the coil.
- The wick can get stuck because of constant leaking of juices through it. It makes the wick very sticky.
- Another likely reason for your wick to get stuck is because of high wattage. At high wattage, the sweet juice caramelizing the sugars causing the coil head to have more tightness at the top.
The good news is that you can remove a stuck wick.
- The common way is to unscrew the atomizer with some significant amount of effort. You may use a pair of pliers, but this may lead to some scratching on the edges. After unscrewing it, you may be able to remove the stuck wick quickly.
- Alternatively, you could soak the coil in warm water or run hot water over the base. You should do this after removing the clearomizer from the battery. In a couple of minutes, the atomizer would free up. At this point, you may unscrew it by your hand and remove the stuck wick.
- To prevent the wick from getting stuck in the coil, you are advised to ensure you do not over-saturate the wick. Adding more e-liquid when the wick is already saturated makes the wick greasy and as a result causes it to get stuck in the coil. Also, make sure that the juices are not leaking by assembling the atomizer well.
Getting familiar with the components of your e-cigarette, vaporizer or MOD is essential. If you understand the parts involved in vaping with the device you’re using, then you can control and enjoy more per vape session.
Tags: wick, wicking, stickiness, stuck wick, e-liquid, e-juice, vape juice, vape, vaping, DJC