Examining Your Pod Mod Battery Connections for Possible Juice Gunk
If your pod mod just isn't giving you those full hits that you want, you might want to check your battery connections for juice gunk. The more we vape, the more our salt-based e-juice turns into gunk that can interfere with every component of our device. Fortunately, this common issue is pretty easy to diagnose and take care of with minimal effort or money.
Why Juice Gunk Occurs
The fact is that all vape juice products contain sugar thanks to their vegetable glycerin content as well as sweetening agents. As our juice becomes heated during vaping sessions, small amounts essentially cook and turn into a sticky, sugary gunk. Over time, this juice gunk gets into our coil and coats our cartridge, finding its way into our battery connections.
Typically speaking, e-liquids that have high levels of vegetable glycerin are more likely to gunk up the components of your vaping device. Similarly, liquids that are especially sweet will turn into gunk more quickly than vape juices that are not.
How to Clear Your Battery Connections of Juice Gunk
If you suspect that your battery connections are coated in gunk:
- Step #1: Take your device apart and examine each connection carefully.
- Step #2: If any of them have a layer of dark-colored film, this means that juice has gotten in and has become hard and sticky from heat exposure.
- Step #3: To remove juice gunk from your battery connections, dip a cotton swab into some alcohol and gently wipe the gunk off. Be careful not to press too hard on the connections or else you may push them down, causing your pod mod to lose its ability to connect to your battery.
Some simple maintenance practices can help you avoid juice gunk from interfering with your battery connections.
- Tip #1: It's suggested that each week, you gently wipe your connections with a cotton swab that's been dipped in alcohol.
- Tip #2: Make sure that your pod cartridge is always secure and that your coil is always fresh. A cartridge that's not tightly shut is more likely to leak. Similarly, coils that are past their prime can leak liquid all over your device, causing the juice to get into your battery connections.
- Tip #3: Vape salt nic e-juices with a balanced VG/PG ratio. This is because of the fact that juices that have more sugar will result in more gunk.
Keep Your Mod Mod Battery Running Smoothly
If your pod mod just isn't hitting like it used to when it comes to flavor and real throat hit production, it's likely that juice gunk is the culprit. Fortunately, this is a fairly easy problem to fix and prevent.
Tags: juice gunk, pod mod, coils, cartridge, salt-based, nic salt salt, nic salt, nicotine, e-liquids, e-juices, vape juices, vapes, vaping