3 Ways to Identify an Over-Heated Pod System
We all know the dangers of using an overheated vaping device. Once it gets too hot, it’s at a higher risk of combusting, putting the functionality of the unit at risk as well as the person using it. While we often associate overheated systems with robust sub-ohm setups, the same can indeed happen to portable pod kits.
Luckily, it’s not that hard to tell if your pod mod is overheating. These devices can overheat for a variety of reasons, including being left out in the sun, being used for too long a period of time and damage to the battery.
Today, there are quite a few pod systems on the market that have overheat protection. Still, it’s important to know the signs of an overheated pod in order to protect yourself from serious harm.
Sign #1. Pod Juice Chamber Looks Cloudy
If the juice chamber of your pod cartridge looks cloudy (filled with steam), that is a good sign that your system is overheated. Because the battery connectors are so close to the pod cartridge, it’s easy for excessive heat to make its way into the juice chamber. You might also notice that your e-liquid looks more bubbly than usual.
Sign #2. The Device Feels Hot in Your Hand
Of course, a sure way to tell that your pod system is overheated is to simply check the way that it feels in your hand. It’s never normal for a pod system to feel uncomfortably warm, let alone burning hot. If this is the case, stop using your device immediately and refrain from charging it.
Sign #3. It Won’t Charge!
If your pod system is overheating because of a battery issue, there’s a good chance that it won’t charge when you attach it to your charger. If you’ve noticed that your pod mod isn’t charging, give it a few minutes after using it and carefully examine the battery for signs of damage such as exposed internal mechanisms and melted edges.
Prevent and/or Fix an Overheated Pod System
Here are some prevention tips and fixes:
- Make sure that you invest in a high-quality device.
- Opt for a system that comes with overheat protection in addition to other safety features.
- Never, ever purchase a counterfeit pod system in order to save money as these are not designed to last and are far more likely to overheat.
- If your pod system is overheated because you left it outside or in your car on a hot day, simply give it an hour or so to cool down before using it. Never attempt to use a pod that’s overheated from the heat outdoors.
- If your battery is causing the problem, contact the manufacturer and ask for a replacement battery. Once a battery has become damaged, it’s unsafe to use and basically impossible to fix.
- Be aware that chain-vaping increases the device’s chances of overheating. While chain-vaping can be difficult to resist, it’s really not good for your device. Always try to allow yourself at least thirty seconds between taking hits during a vaping session.
- Let your device rest for at least thirty minutes in-between vaping sessions. Over-vaping will make your device maintain a high level of heat that can ultimately damage its internal components.
Know the Signs Before It Happens
While an overheated pod system can be fairly dangerous, it is pretty easy to detect and treat before a real problem occurs.
Tags: pod system, pod mod, overheating, over-heated, devices, battery, warning signs, e-liquid, vaping, tips